• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1304

jdmarti1

I have found a Mutoh printer that the owner is selling as is. It was said that a power surge occurred, and now it flashes "CPU ERROR". She says it needs a main board now. I also assume print heads since it has sat. What all would I need to replace in anybody's opinion to get this thing up and working. What would be a reasonable price to pay for such a unit - knowing I am going to have to spend money to make it work.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
With CPU errors you usually need to replace the main board. One thing you could try first is taking the memory out and air dusting the terminal and cleaning of the leads with a swab. Reinstall the memory and see if that changes anything. I currently have a 1304 main board in stock that has been flashed as a 1304 so it can't be used for any other model. I'll give you 15% off since it is hard to move. Give me a call if you need it.

The print head may be recoverable but it's not a sure thing until you can test to see if it is firing at all. Soaking it with cleaning solution and flushing with a syringe may work and I would say it works 50% of the time. We have alternatives to the OEM head that can save you money as well.

A 1304 that is not working and may need a head and main board is worth about $1500 to $2000 depending on how the other parts are holding up. People may think it is worth a lot more but if you think about it, fixing the machine with all OEM parts could cost you about $4000. If you get the parts from us it will be closer to $2900. There aren't a lot of people getting more than $6000 for these machines used and in working condition.

jdmarti1

With CPU errors you usually need to replace the main board. One thing you could try first is taking the memory out and air dusting the terminal and cleaning of the leads with a swab. Reinstall the memory and see if that changes anything. I currently have a 1304 main board in stock that has been flashed as a 1304 so it can't be used for any other model. I'll give you 15% off since it is hard to move. Give me a call if you need it.

The print head may be recoverable but it's not a sure thing until you can test to see if it is firing at all. Soaking it with cleaning solution and flushing with a syringe may work and I would say it works 50% of the time. We have alternatives to the OEM head that can save you money as well.

A 1304 that is not working and may need a head and main board is worth about $1500 to $2000 depending on how the other parts are holding up. People may think it is worth a lot more but if you think about it, fixing the machine with all OEM parts could cost you about $4000. If you get the parts from us it will be closer to $2900. There aren't a lot of people getting more than $6000 for these machines used and in working condition.

The printer has sat for about a month - do you think a cleaning will recover the head?