• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Kona 1650 Not cutting with flexi 10 :(

tmar

I have a mutoh kona 1650 and flexi 10 starter and no matter what I do I can't make the mutoh cut anything. I tried all kinds of settings, different cables and nothing seems to work. It even has the cutting drivers on the flexi program itself...

I did notice that when I hook up my kona cutter to the PC and go into the device manager it seems to show up under OTHER devices and I see the name KONA but it says drivers not installed...I have no idea what else to try. I know it does work because I have used a program called EASYsign and it worked perfectly. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

tmar

have you tried your old software on the printer to make sure its flexi causing it to not print?

Its the only software I have for that cutter. I tried my other cutter an older one and it works, it's just the kona thats not working.

FrankW

Because the Kona is a USB-Plotter, it's absolutely mandatory to install a device driver for the Kona. As long as the device manager says "driver not installed", you will not be successful to drive that plotter out of any plotsoftware.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yes, you first need to install the Summa drivers from Summa. Then plug the USB cable in. Then in Flexi Production Manager "add setup" and you have to select it's USB port, if you have already added the setup in Production Manager then just right click it and select the right port for it. The Summa USA site has been having issues for over a week. Download the drivers from Summa European site here...

http://www.summa.be/html_en/support/downloads.php?productline=2

its the exact same driver and works fine.

tmar

Yes, you first need to install the Summa drivers from Summa. Then plug the USB cable in. Then in Flexi Production Manager "add setup" and you have to select it's USB port, if you have already added the setup in Production Manager then just right click it and select the right port for it. The Summa USA site has been having issues for over a week. Download the drivers from Summa European site here...

http://www.summa.be/html_en/support/downloads.php?productline=2

its the exact same driver and works fine.
\

I did this but to no avail. I downloaded the one that said USB cutter driver revision 6.4, is this correct?

tmar

Studebaker's tip worked!!! My plotter is now working!!!! Thank you all for your help!! I wouldn't of have figured this out. My plotter cuts the edges of the letters a bit rough, does this mean I have to change my knife?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
\

I did this but to no avail. I downloaded the one that said USB cutter driver revision 6.4, is this correct?

Doh!! Sorry, for some reason I was reading Summa. Yeah the Summa drivers will not work, sorry about that. You needed the Mutoh drivers that Studebaker kindly posted. Glad you got it working. On the rough cuts, could be a worn out knife, could be a worn out cutting strip, could be the wrong knife, could be a machine problem.

studebaker

Deluded Artist
If you mean the corners are a bit rough, the knife offset settings in the kona need to be tweaked... and make sure the you have selected knife and not pen as your default setup. Be sure to use a 45 degree knife se to the proper depth.

Ssignature

It’s not sharing the link properly from my phone:
Mutoh.com>support>public ftp>printer information and files>legacy cutters>kona
Everything you could ever want is there