• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Here!!!!!

Good evening,

I am really new to the industry and just purchased a Graphtec CE6000, a MUTOH valuejet 628, and a Flexi Design software. Can anyone recommend where to start and learn this software… where can you get free vector images to print and cut? Thank you and I’m excited to be part of this forum….

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Good evening,

I am really new to the industry and just purchased a Graphtec CE6000, a MUTOH valuejet 628, and a Flexi Design software. Can anyone recommend where to start and learn this software… where can you get free vector images to print and cut? Thank you and I’m excited to be part of this forum…
... you tube, and I can only assume you had some project, or customer already to inspire you to buy a printer and a plotter. Create your own art and produce it. That's where I would go after the first thing (the paying job) is done.

:popcorn:

Stacey K

I like making signs
Welcome! That's quite a question! IMO, the best way to learn is to jump in head first.

Surely you have a friend (or many) that need some kind of sticker for their car or truck. Once you have a couple projects, you can specifically learn those tasks and what you learn can be applied to any jobs going forward. You might start with just making a few cut vinyl decals with your name. Try block letters then script...after you cut the script letters, you will realize you need them to be connected which will have you googling "how to weld". It's a constant rabbit hole LOL

I'm not sure there's a lot of "free" good artwork but Shutterstock, IStock, etc. have high quality artwork.

You're in Florida so I'm guessing someone you know needs boat registration numbers...great place to start.

Signstein

As Boudica mentioned, Flexi has some great tutorials on YT:

Be careful with "free" assets - some are only free for personal use, with attribution, have sales limits, etc.
Adobe Stock has a free for commercial section:

Font Squirrel and League of Movable Type have some good, free, open-source fonts:

Welcome, and have fun learning!

BigNate

The terms "vector" and "images" should not be referred to as the same. It's either an image (rastor) or vector clipart.
FreePik.com narrow search by vector/free
vector logos from Brandsoftheworld.com
I disagree--- an image is any visually displayed content (and images were around LONG before digital computers...)... digitally images can be stored at vectors (mathematical formulae that define the edges of shapes, the fil or lack there of of the shape is also defined digitally.) or as rastorized or bitmapped files (where every pixel is defined with a position and color.).....

Images can made from cottage cheese and cat poop on the hood of a Chevy Nova and never be made into rastors....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Whoa............ he's gonna learn a lot from responses like some of these winners. He can't make a box or cut a line and y'all are at 3rd grade training.

The best way to learn these things is....... not to come in the back door, but find a job in a sign shop. Learn all ya can, quit and start your own gig.

Last edited:
Welcome! That's quite a question! IMO, the best way to learn is to jump in head first.

Surely you have a friend (or many) that need some kind of sticker for their car or truck. Once you have a couple projects, you can specifically learn those tasks and what you learn can be applied to any jobs going forward. You might start with just making a few cut vinyl decals with your name. Try block letters then script...after you cut the script letters, you will realize you need them to be connected which will have you googling "how to weld". It's a constant rabbit hole LOL

I'm not sure there's a lot of "free" good artwork but Shutterstock, IStock, etc. have high quality artwork.

You're in Florida so I'm guessing someone you know needs boat registration numbers...great place to start.
Thanks Stacey I’m going to jump in tomorrow and try just making random decals… I am using the flexi design software which seems quite impossible lol. I will let you know how they come out… thanks for the pointers it sure is a confidence booster