• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Kala Arkane 1650, what am i doing wrong?

NikPayne

We have a Arkane that is seriously 4 days old and when i go to laminate after about a foot the vinyl gets wavy and wants to bunch up. When they came to set it up the Kala rep ran a good about fine and when he was here i ran some fine. I'm swear i am following the steps to a tee but obviously im doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
What level are you lowering it too? I generally set it to 3 (three little orange lights). Often while loading the laminate, I'll lower the roller all the way down, run it for a second to make sure it's nice and snug around the roller, then raise it back up to 3.

Jeppe.Nielsen

Have you moved the laminator since it was installed? If so, make sure to calibrate the rollers as instructed.

1. make sure the laminate, print roll and empty cores on both take ups are precisely centered before doing anything.

2. Check after the next unwinding and handling steps that you are still centered.

3. If you have a dual feed machine, make sure the clutch is properly set.

4. Check the tension of your material using the knobs on the left machine panel

5. Review your actions with a YouTube video and you should be good to go.

NikPayne

What level are you lowering it too? I generally set it to 3 (three little orange lights). Often while loading the laminate, I'll lower the roller all the way down, run it for a second to make sure it's nice and snug around the roller, then raise it back up to 3.
I was running it at 4, i can try 3. Do you think maybe the laminate is pulling the vinyl to the middle?
Appreciate it.
Have you moved the laminator since it was installed? If so, make sure to calibrate the rollers as instructed.

1. make sure the laminate, print roll and empty cores on both take ups are precisely centered before doing anything.

2. Check after the next unwinding and handling steps that you are still centered.

3. If you have a dual feed machine, make sure the clutch is properly set.

4. Check the tension of your material using the knobs on the left machine panel

5. Review your actions with a YouTube video and you should be good to go.
Thank You for the information, Ill give it a try

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
We have a Arkane that is seriously 4 days old and when i go to laminate after about a foot the vinyl gets wavy and wants to bunch up. When they came to set it up the Kala rep ran a good about fine and when he was here i ran some fine. I'm swear i am following the steps to a tee but obviously im doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
If it is only bunching in the middle, then reduce the pressure which will actually lower the roller in the middle and help to more evenly pull the films through.

If the issues drag to one side or another, then quickly reset the nip by turning the power button off on the control panel...the little red light should still be on. Press the 'foot pedal' and the "M" button (they are about as far apart as they can be) and the machine will recalibrate the rollers to make sure they are perfectly straight.

If neither of those work, then I'd bet that you don't have the supply shaft locked in squarely....triple check that you've got the supply shafts locked down well.