• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new Windows 7 computer + Mimaki CG-130FX driver issue

JERHEMI

Just got a new Windows 7 computer and trying to get my Mimaki CG-130FX plotter running on it. The computer notices something connected, but it just says "unrecognized device". I went to Mimaki website and think I downloaded the correct updated driver, but I'm not sure because it's not working. Not sure if I did things correctly or what. Can anybody offer any help? Thank you

signguyms

Just got a new Windows 7 computer and trying to get my Mimaki CG-130FX plotter running on it. The computer notices something connected, but it just says "unrecognized device". I went to Mimaki website and think I downloaded the correct updated driver, but I'm not sure because it's not working. Not sure if I did things correctly or what. Can anybody offer any help? Thank you

What software are you using? I had the same message when I upgraded to the newest finecut (was using coreldraw x3 and finecut 5.3) , called mimaki they couldn't figure it out either. CG-130FX wouldn't work on anything higher than finecut 5.3, so I ended up keep the old finecut.

JERHEMI

Called Mimaki tech support and they don't support the CG 130FX and the JV3 printer anymore and they stopped making drivers for both. They said I can try upgrading the firmware on the machines then trying Finecut 8 on the plotter and Rasterlink 5 on the JV3 but he couldn't guarantee it would work. Then I would have to pay to upgrade to Rasterlink 5, but he couldn't give me a price and suggested I contact the distributor I bought it from. They both continue to operate fine on the XP computer, so I guess I'm just going to keep running them on the XP for now til I'm ready to upgrade.