• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nozzle Check issue / Printing

mnapuran

So... yesterday I was having issues with our first print job with cyan. Tried doing some cyan printing to flush it out, but just got worse. Ended up soaking the head in cleaning solution for about 45 minutes, then printed some CMYK panels to flush it, and got it working properly. Printed the rest of the day fine.

This morning... go to print, and sure enough Cyan looks off again. Did a nozzle check, and one of the cyan test panels is virtually non-existent. Almost like that ink line or spot on the head dried out over night.

Any ideas?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What model are you working on? If it's a Valuejet I would start by checking the dampers. Usually when 1 color or channel is having issues it will be a bad damper on those machines. It wouldn't hurt to install a new cap top as well to rule that out. If you have air in the cyan ink line, definitely change the dampers.