• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Thrive CUT 22.5 Not Loading .SVG Files

hhg98

Hi All,
First time poster here so apologies for any inadequate formatting.

We're currently working with the Onyx Thrive 22.5 software suite and every now and again, the CUT-Server will occasionally refuse to open or load .SVG files when I try a cut-only operation. I will save the artboard from AI as an SVG 1.0, copy it to the cutter folder, and then open it from inside the CUT software. Normally, that works just fine. However, as of right now, it just simply isn't opening or loading it at all. The last time this happened, it just went away on it's own for a few days but I'd like to figure out a solution. Has anyone else experienced this/knows how to fix it?

hhg98

I believe you need to use svg for cut-only files in cutserver.

I've never gotten that workflow to work, despite several attempts.
It's kind of iffy. I used to send jobs to our printer and cancel it before it had time to print. This always works but it's annoying to do and probably not good for the printer. An Onyx rep taught me how to do the Cut-only workflow. The SVGs come in a 1/10th scale but it usually works fine after I scale it back to the proper size.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
It's kind of iffy. I used to send jobs to our printer and cancel it before it had time to print. This always works but it's annoying to do and probably not good for the printer. An Onyx rep taught me how to do the Cut-only workflow. The SVGs come in a 1/10th scale but it usually works fine after I scale it back to the proper size.

I wonder why they make it so complicated to use it for cut only. We've got a 54" Summa plotter I'd love to use for cut-only jobs but haven't been able to due to the cutserver "workflow".

ikarasu

Curious, why don't you guys use the included software instead of onyx?

I love Onyx but he cut server is one thing it seems to be lacking... There's been so many times when an open cut was sent over is a printing cut and it decided to just cut a line throughout the whole sheet.

I've never used the Suma software, but the bundled graph tech software is leaps and bounds ahead of onyx for cutting. I use Onyx for the simplified workflow for print , but it's so much easier to manipulate the graphics and use cutting studio or illustrator for normal cuts