• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Overcut in Summa Cutter Control

Bengt Backhaus

So i just got this strange effect:
When i cut on my Summa S2 T 140 through Summa Winplot everything is just perfect.
But when i use Summa Cutter Control for i-cutting it "overcuts"? (not sure what to call it)
These letters are 7 mm high (0.27 inches)
1713427225099.png

I have no clue as to where to start looking for a fix.
It's the third company i work for with this setup, but i never had this problem

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Vegaaard

I have same problems on My summa S2T
My old graphtec never overcut so much.. i have tried to ser value to 0 but this not help
Sending Jobs from Adobe illustrator

nsm

So i just got this strange effect:
When i cut on my Summa S2 T 140 through Summa Winplot everything is just perfect.
But when i use Summa Cutter Control for i-cutting it "overcuts"? (not sure what to call it)
These letters are 7 mm high (0.27 inches)
View attachment 170919

I have no clue as to where to start looking for a fix.
It's the third company i work for with this setup, but i never had this problem

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
By i-cutting you mean run with registration or?

nsm

Got it. Yeah, i-cut was my father's invention and product before he sold it to Esko/Kongsberg.

What compensation mode are you running? It looks like you have something going on with compensation and it's throwing off the scale.

Bengt Backhaus

Got it. Yeah, i-cut was my father's invention and product before he sold it to Esko/Kongsberg.

What compensation mode are you running? It looks like you have something going on with compensation and it's throwing off the scale.
Cool!
I-cut is a great invention :notworthy:

Summa Cutter Control says "0,45 mm"
This is my third workplace with this exact setup, and i never had this problem.
That's why i never thought of checking it before.
(And cutting works like it should with Summa Winplot)

My support guy has promised to get back to me about this several times, but nothing....
So i thought i'd ask here.