• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Alma1118

I want to give a big shout out to Jim Hancock, man where do I begin?
Last year around Christmas I had a bad printing jam on my roland xr640, called for a technician at Montroy Signs Supply. Tech came by and replaced the print head. Not even a month later I noticed one print wasn’t red instead it was brown. I called again and they came back and replace the print head saying it was probably faulty. But after this other things started happening, versa works was showing the top line of the inks as very low (little warning triangle) but they were full. Also versa works wasn’t able to get the media width, and when turning it on Versa works had a “The server name or address could not be resolved” notice. So the technician came back and said it had 2 blown fuses so he replaced them and also replaced some cables, it blew the fuses again so he basically gave up on my printer and told me I needed a new set of print heads, new cables, new boards and maybe that would fix it but he told me that was gonna cost me a lot of money and I had already paid $6k and still wasn’t working. So he told me to just get rid of it and buy a new one, which I thought was not possible and I was very upset. My roland is only 8 years old and never had a problem like this before. I also think that since we had horrible weather early this year the electricity went out a couple of times, I don’t know maybe that affected it also. Anyways, the tech told me I could still use it with one print head by just modifying the settings on Versaworks and making it print twice so I can get a better print, which I did for a couple of prints but I noticed it was taking way too long to do that and I was afraid to mess up the only good print head (so the one head that was replaced was good but it didn’t get a signal from to board so it wouldn’t print) Fast forward 9 months later I decided to come out here and search up for some help and man I’m beyond happy I did. Everyone was recommending to contact Jim, so I sent him an email praying I could get a hold of him and get some help. That same day he replied and we got on the phone the next day. He guided me to every single step and made it super easy to work on my own printer. I sent him my main board and he fixed it right away, it was just two blown transistors and two blown fuses! Easy fix and quick! He mailed it back to me the very next day so basically we got all this work done in less than 2 weeks. He is amazing and a great technician! I will be recommending his work to everyone I know because he is honest and very professional, we definitely need more people like him!

Attachments

• 72185414634__92C37141-FA28-4340-A59B-7FC14FC3D467.jpeg
    72185414634__92C37141-FA28-4340-A59B-7FC14FC3D467.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0274.jpeg
    IMG_0274.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0528.jpeg
    IMG_0528.jpeg
    615.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0526.jpeg
    IMG_0526.jpeg