• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Prints not curing

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
I have been having an issue with prints from my 360 not curing. This has been on going for over a year sporadically and over the last few days it seems to be constant when I print matte vinyl and banner material. I have been thinking it might be related to the optimizer and replaced and out of warranty head, but the problem contiunes. The problem areas in the pictures are the darker streaks, the second picture is after the bad print set over the weekend. I had tried bumping the heat to solve this, but in the case of the matte vinyl it is already maxed out at 241f.
20240415_100310.jpg

20240415_100043.jpg

balstestrat

Problem Solver
When was the curing last cleaned? It helps.

Add interpass delay if you want to make it work for now. It's simply about curing it completely. Optimizer has nothing to do with it.

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
It was last cleaned when maintenance kit was done on about 2 years ago. So I will need to disassemble the curing unit and scrub it down?

johnnysigns

We're not on a roll to roll, but having had all kinds of curing system problems on our R printer, the curing units accumulate dust quickly on our machine. I'd think after 2yrs you could definitely use a deep cleaning in there.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If you look from below you see the small holes that air will pass. If it seems like stuff is stuck in them then it should be cleaned. Heater fans as well etc.

Yes it needs to be taken out on a table and disassembled.