• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Purchasing a new mid range flatbed

FrankW

I would suggest to have an eye on the FB500/FB700. With a camera registration system which could check the position of one or more sheets at the same time, reloading the printer during printing to do continuous printing of larger numbers of sheets, possibility to arrange multiple jobs on multiple sheets at the same time automatically, possibility to change from white to 6 Colors and the other way round if needed, prepared for thicker and heavier media as the EFI and so on it could be the better choice.

LarryB

I have had my HP FB500 for 1 year now and am very happy with it. I've only been down 1/2 day for a minor issue which was quickly repaired by my awesome distributor GSG. I have not heard the same about Oce or CET's. Ink sticks great to everything. We do a lot of coro and it sticks well. Aluminum composite has to be run at the highest ink quality setting but it sticks well.

I used to have a Gerber Ion which was broken down every week so having this HP has been a dream.

bulldozer

I have had my HP FB500 for 1 year now and am very happy with it. I've only been down 1/2 day for a minor issue which was quickly repaired by my awesome distributor GSG. I have not heard the same about Oce or CET's. Ink sticks great to everything. We do a lot of coro and it sticks well. Aluminum composite has to be run at the highest ink quality setting but it sticks well.

I used to have a Gerber Ion which was broken down every week so having this HP has been a dream.

we somehow haven't chucked our gerber off the back dock...yet. i hate this machine.

i will have to look into these flatbeds as well.

Molenbeek

I would highly suggest looking at the CET Color line of printers. The new Q5 series is priced perfectly for the output you can get- as well as its field upgradeable so it will grow with you!
www.cetcolor.com

Matt
Advantage Sign & Graphic Solutions
877-237-4464 *1590

PrintItBig

We're in a similar situation to you and looking at the same models.

One point to note is that the FB700 will print up to 2.5M wide while most of the others you listed are only 1.6 approx. That's a big difference, 8x4s side on etc.

The Agfa Anapurna M2500 is 2.5M and the Oce 460XT with the larger bed offers the same size advantages.

From what I've read the HP machines seem to be good reliable work horses with good ink adhesion and seem to have less problems than some of the others. The price of the 700 seems very good considering the width. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they may be getting a bit old now though? And seem to be lagging behind on image quality just a bit? If anyone has an opinion on that I'd like to hear it.

Also do you want a true flat bed or a belt driven machine? I'm not 100% sure on all the benefits of one type over the other to be honest.

858Graphics

www.858graphics.com
We went ahead with the Oce 460gt with r2r option purchase from 360 Digital Solutions in San Diego
Getting installed today!

Print quality was much higher than HP.
The Oce seems to be more reliable and better techs than all the other machines.

858Graphics

www.858graphics.com
I did look at the Agfa I think it was the 2500 and the 2050?

Sales reps and techs seemed very competent, machine seemed on par with Oce.
It actually seems to be a much better build than Oce
Came down to wanted a true flatbed and their true flatbed did not have r2r.
Oce warrant was about $6k per year less expensive and print heads were less expensive.
There is only 1 Afga in San Diego county and there must be 25+ Oces so that gave me a confidence boost as well.

cmykpro

We went ahead with the Oce 460gt with r2r option purchase from 360 Digital Solutions in San Diego
Getting installed today!

Print quality was much higher than HP.
The Oce seems to be more reliable and better techs than all the other machines.

Get ready to give up half of your margins to their ridiculous service fees...

jkline

Flatbed Printers HP CET or OCE? Looking to purchase and looking for opinions

Our sign company is looking to purchase a 4x8 flatbed printer. I have come across HP OCE and CET being common in our industry.
Mostly looking for direct print on acrylic panels and some panels with a slight texture finish to them, mostly faux wood finsihes.
Looking for feedback and opinions.
Thanks much!