• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replace Cut Carriage Cable due to Pinch Roller Error and 0.0 Media Width Reading

calvinh

Hi,

My versacamm SP300v is having problems. It begin earlir this week giving me a 0.0 for the media width in the morning. After pulling the level up and down a few times it go from left to right and then register the correct with. However this morning it has consistetly given me either a "pinch Roller Invalid Position Error Left" or a Pinch Roller invalid Right Position error message. I have narrowed it down to replacing the Cut Carriage Cable. I hve seenreference to other parts to replace at the same time but not enough details (part #s to know what should be replaced)

So my question is what is the part number for a SP300V versacamm cut carriage cable and I also seem something mentioned about guides. So I would like the part # to those also.

Also a suggestion of where to purchase these. I purchased my machine from imprintable over 4 years ago so I don't remember what the person name was that installed it. I have a lot of orders to get out and the machine is steadily saying "pinch roller error". I'm not able to print like I had been the past few days.

Z SIGNS

This is known problem with that machine.
Search the threads the instructions on how to replace it are on here somewhere.
You can buy the cable from any roland dealer.
Make sure you unplug and discharge the machine before changing the cable
or you could fry something.

rjssigns

We got our Cut Carriage Cable from extremeinkjet.com(omniscience). Was about 60 bucks including shipping. (SP540V)
Wife and I replaced ours in a couple hours. It literally took longer to remove the covers, plastic rivets, and guides than replace the dang cable.

What we learned:
Invest in a set of micro pliers. Needle nose etc...
Take your time
Take a couple pictures
Mark locations with tape and a marker if necessary.

splizaat

Definitely cut carriage cable. We do a lot of our own maintenance and tearing apart, but there's two things I won't mess with, changing heads and changing the cut carriage cable. It took our tech less than 1 hour to do it and the piece of mind is well worth it for us on this particular job

calvinh

Yipee,

I'm back up. 2 Ladies (my daughter and I) got it done in about 3 hours. Would have taken less time but one screw striped and gave us a hard time getting out. Hubby helped us get the screw removed but we did the rest. It was a very tedious job I got a quote from a company that told me it wasn't a part I could install myself. I had to have a service call with a rough estimate of $400+ that included the first hour of work & travel time. I live about 1 1/2 hours away so it was going to cost much more I'm sure. I ordered the parts from ebay (approximately $80).

Anyway, thanks to all of you that posted an answer to our question publicly and privately. It was a big help.

Signed,
Angela wife of calvinh