• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland PNC_960

RobertDD

Can anyone help with my PNC-960? I have used this machine for several years, but all of a sudden something has changed. I don't know what it is or if I have done even. Anyway when I first turn the plotter on, it starts the setup mode by parking the head on the right side, then I load material, and hit the setup button as I have always done, the head moves across ONLY to the center of the plotter returnns to the right and then the setup, pause, and pen mode buttons flash on and off? I'm sure I have changed an origin or something? Any way to reset to factory defaults so that can use again? Also sometimes I can get it to go all the ways across but it then parks on the left sidet hen tries to move or just shakes back and forth? If I press the setup again it will retun to the right, then park, the setup light comes on , and it will set there for a few minutes then on it's own starts across to the left, stops in the center and returns to the right side. This will put it into that strange mode again where if I don't turn it off it will repeat the center- -park right move all by itself all day long?
I have another Roland my first PNC-950 and it runs fine so I know my settings and software are correct.
Please email me with anything at this point, I'll try it all. Email to vinylconcepts@hotmail.com Thanks...Robert

J Hill Designs

check to see if the roller clamps are over the "friction" part of the bar when setting up - if not mine flashes pen plot etc

RobertDD

PNC-960 Help?

When I turn it on the setup buttomn is lit, the the pen/mode and the power button start to flash as the unit all by itself starts to track to the left side, stop in the middle of the machine, then tracts to the right side, and continues to repaet until I turn it off. It's in some kind of setup/orgin loop and it doesn't respond to me pushing any of the panel board buttons. Maybe the panel board is bad? I really like the plotter and would like to continue using it, that is if it's not an arm and a leg to fix it. Any help at all?

OldPaint

THE SHAKING......i would look at the cutter head to cable attachment points. might be a loose screw. the TRAILING CABLE, from machine to cutter head, which is under the top cover, might have gotten loose or damaged.