• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-300V

krusty quill

Hello all,

I have read other posts similar to mine that have found solutions perhaps I will too!
I recently got a Roland Sp-300v printer that worked fine, but were it was it had run its course as the owner was upgrading.
I am trying to get it hooked up to my windows XP until my windows 2000 arrives.
I have loaded the driver for USB version 4.0 but then it asks for TCP/IP information.

I am not networking it nor connecting to the internet.

I have been looking for information on this topic and I think I'm close, but yet so far.

I am not a tech type but I can follow directions.

I've read some thread from this site from May of 2019 that seemed to resolve other users issues, but in my case I'm missing something.

Thank you in advance for any help!

amw

Longtime Members
It's been a long time since i have messed with a SP300v however i think you need to install a USB driver for it.

cornholio

You can use Versaworks up to V5.51 and you don't need a USB driver for actual Windows versions. When you add the printer, you can choose USB.

damonCA21

You dont install the printer as a printer on windows like a normal desktop one. It works through versaworks.
Install the USB driver. Open versaworks and there is the option to add a printer under the printer status tab. On here you can either choose to connect via USB or network. If you connect your usb cable to the SP then select USB and verify ( IIRC ) then it should come up with recognising it as an SP300V and you are good to go