• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland TrueVIS VG-640

KevinF

Anyone have the new Roland TrueVIS VG-640 yet? I am looking at one and was looking for any user reviews.
Thank
Kevin

DravidDavid

Anyone have the new Roland TrueVIS VG-640 yet? I am looking at one and was looking for any user reviews.
Thank
Kevin
We installed one with the white option. It's built in cut system is just as flaky as previous models and for some reason it eats ink whenever it likes. Filled a whole bottle over the Christmas holidays with zero use. It's insane! It's a bit awkward installing rolls on the TruVIS compared to the ProIII XJ-640 as the back of the printer covers it, where as on the XJ-640 it's more open.

It's a bit faster than generations of old, even if only slightly. The print quality is fantastic. I personally found the XJ-640 more intuitive, even though I can tell Roland tried hard to make the TrueVIS an improvement. It's nice having the ability to bring the rollers up and down on both sides of the printer. My personal pet peeve is the media clamps. Most annoying media clamps ever compared to the nice magnetic ones from the XJ.

darrellcarpenay

Got one recently (VG3-640) - no complaints so far. I configured mine for CMYKx2 which produces fast, high quality results.
Ink consumption is decent, and the operation is overall fairly easy. I'd recommend it easily over UV and Latex options for someone who is new to printing wide format.

MrDav3C

I have the SG3 540 (not quite the same and obviously a simpler ink configuration) but overall the machine works well. Decent, vibrant, high quality prints and print / lam / cut works well upto around 2 metres, which is a great improvement compared to our old SP. Generally very happy with the machine, can't comment on the additional ink configurations that come with the VG series but I personally would steer clear of a solvent printer and white ink.