• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

See Thru Banner Material for a window?

mikefine

Has anybody used a product called Pano Film? It is a non-adhesive, perforated banner material. They are used in windows as an alternative to perforated vinyl. I have seen the product in the Fellers catalogue, and always wanted to try it.

I am quoting a job for a retail chain, and thought this might be a good solution.
Seems to me it would be a lot easier to install and to replace than perforated vinyl.

Does it work okay? Does it hold up? Any feedback would appreciated.

sfr table hockey

I have some Poster view ( clear focus I think) which I think is the same as you are talking about. I have not put any up in a window but have seen some in a video store window. The edges seemed to curl on the sides. It did have a pocket with a rod for weight along the base but the edges still curled. I don't know how long that would have taken to do that.

Not sure if you could do much about it as with perf. you would see the edge if it was folded over and if you added a product like power tape to give the edge stiffness, you would see that from the back (which is black). Kind of defeats the reason for perf.

mikefine

Thanks for the reply, but I don't think that's it. This is a specific material for windows, which is supposed to allow for one way viewing. So people can look out the window, but a graphic is seen on the outside, like perforated vinyl. But it is a banner.

sfr table hockey

Poster view (and again I think this is what they called it) is identical to window perf but it does not have the adheasive. The back side is black so the eye does not see it as easily as you look out the window from the inside.

Does the stuff you are talking about have a black side on the inside?

Like was said there is mesh banner but I don't think its black on one side.

sfr table hockey

Just went through Fellers catalog and they have "pano star" which they call a non adhesive perforated banner material but in small print they call it perforated vinyl film (white front and black back).

That would have to be a similar product. They suggest panostick adheasive to stick it to a window.

Main difference is that this product could go inside a window where the reg. perf is only for an outside of a window.