• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Skycut V60 - issues with very slow cutting of anything circular.

Jeanette

Hi
We have a second hand Skycut V60, which is great on straight lines, but is incredibly slow on circular cutting.
I can't seem to find anything online about the cutter other than the user manual, which doesn't provide any help on this.

Does anyone have any experience with this machine at all and could provide some insight into what we may need to do to increase the speed?

regards
Jeanette

Signarama Jockey

Interesting. Could be a lot of things. When you cut circles, the machine is scanning and feeding at the same time the whole way. It could be that it just seems slower, or it could be that the voltage is dropping or that the feed speed is set at a different value than the track speed.

I have a Graphtec, but somewhere in your settings you should be able to check your speed and acceleration. Maybe it would be worth an experiment or two to see if that works any better?

...or you could always just tell the customer you only do squares. :p

cornholio

Is Skycut some Chinese copycat cutter?
What software do you use? I had a case many years ago with a brand cutter, where I needed to decide if the curves are sent as short straight vectors or circle segments.(both is possible in HP-GL)
If the software send straight vectors, how short do they need to be? If you send 10000 vectors for 5mm of a curve, this will certainly slow things down. Most software have some sort of quality setting.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
What cut software are you using to run it? That might help with a solution if it's a software based issue or setting.

Jeanette

Interesting. Could be a lot of things. When you cut circles, the machine is scanning and feeding at the same time the whole way. It could be that it just seems slower, or it could be that the voltage is dropping or that the feed speed is set at a different value than the track speed.

I have a Graphtec, but somewhere in your settings you should be able to check your speed and acceleration. Maybe it would be worth an experiment or two to see if that works any better?

...or you could always just tell the customer you only do squares. :p
Thanks Jockey
I will certainly give that a go...yes, I may go the squares route...lol.

Jeanette

Is Skycut some Chinese copycat cutter?
What software do you use? I had a case many years ago with a brand cutter, where I needed to decide if the curves are sent as short straight vectors or circle segments.(both is possible in HP-GL)
If the software send straight vectors, how short do they need to be? If you send 10000 vectors for 5mm of a curve, this will certainly slow things down. Most software have some sort of quality setting.
I will need to check that out, but definitely worth a look at that, thank you.