• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Smooth Matte Vinyl for the HP Latex series?

derekw13029

Hello all, I'm looking for a smooth, matte Type II vinyl for printing on the HP Latex series printers.

I use Dreamscape vinyls a lot, and most of them print great. However, I've been burned a couple times by inconsistent rolls of their Matte Vinyl. It's a good looking product, and we've done several great looking jobs with them. But after getting so many rolls that just absolutely didn't hold the ink correctly, we've decided to dump it.

York makes a matte vinyl, but I couldn't get it to print properly on the HP L330 at all.

Anyone know a vinyl that works consistently with a matte finish? Thanks!

Hello all, I'm looking for a smooth, matte Type II vinyl for printing on the HP Latex series printers.

I use Dreamscape vinyls a lot, and most of them print great. However, I've been burned a couple times by inconsistent rolls of their Matte Vinyl. It's a good looking product, and we've done several great looking jobs with them. But after getting so many rolls that just absolutely didn't hold the ink correctly, we've decided to dump it.

York makes a matte vinyl, but I couldn't get it to print properly on the HP L330 at all.

Anyone know a vinyl that works consistently with a matte finish? Thanks!

HP has recently released a new media for high-end wallcoverings. It is called HP Durable PVC Free Wallpaper, and it is the only digitally printable wallcovering media that meets all aspects of the ASTM Type II specification without need for liquid laminate that is applied post-print. It has a smooth matte finish, and prints beautifully with HP Latex inks. Here is a video with info on the product:

[video=youtube;GKbgZFttRLc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKbgZFttRLc[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

derekw13029

Thanks for the info, fellas.

I've used the HP PVC Free before, but for whatever reason my installer didn't like the dunking-in-water application. He basically refused to use the stuff (even though I've installed a sample of it at the shop and thought it was not only very easy, but looked good) after attempting to put up a job of it and seeing wrinkles.

I'll look into the Orajet, but it appears it has its own adhesive as well? No wallpaper paste?

Thanks for the info, fellas.

I've used the HP PVC Free before, but for whatever reason my installer didn't like the dunking-in-water application. He basically refused to use the stuff (even though I've installed a sample of it at the shop and thought it was not only very easy, but looked good) after attempting to put up a job of it and seeing wrinkles.

I'll look into the Orajet, but it appears it has its own adhesive as well? No wallpaper paste?

The product that I referenced is not the pre-pasted water-activated media that you are referring to. This has a similar name, but is a traditionally-pasted wallcovering product that is installed in a similar fashion to the Dreamscape, Korographics, or York wallcovering products (i.e. needs to be pasted by the installer).

derekw13029

The product that I referenced is not the pre-pasted water-activated media that you are referring to. This has a similar name, but is a traditionally-pasted wallcovering product that is installed in a similar fashion to the Dreamscape, Korographics, or York wallcovering products (i.e. needs to be pasted by the installer).

Ahhhh, well forgive my haste, then!

Now I notice there's a sample of this wallcovering in a 2016 LexJet calender we received. I glanced over thinking it was the same product we had used previously!