• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Some white pixel NOT Printing using RASTERLINK Pro5 IP on UJF3042FX

ccchang1228

Hi Everyone

We just go our Mimaki machine installed and have been playing around with it. Our issue is that "some" part of the print out that is suppose to be WHITE turn out to be missing or transparent from the print out. I print using "valid pixel" and it will not work because I understand that it recognizes the #ffffff as transparent.
I am getting the feeling that the rasterlink 5 is interpreting some of the missing white part from the image as "not" valid pixels.

However, if I print using "whole image" it prints white perfectly fine where I want it to, but it also prints white everywhere that I want it to be transparent like the back ground of the rounded border on my image.

We print all of our files in TIFF. So I tried converting the image with different format such as EPS, JPEG etc to see if that would help with the issue and no success. I know this has to be a simple thing that I'm missing from the setting or machine.

This is some what a serious issue since all of our image have rounded borders. Basically we want the white background to be transparent at the corner of the image but not the white part in our pictures.... Any one else dealt with this issue and knows how to fix it OR if it can be fixed ????
:noway::noway:

I attached a picture so you guys can see what I mean.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_2100.JPG
    IMG_2100.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 562

Ditchmiester

In Rasterlink when you are creating the special Layer of white and then composing them together are you telling it to compose it as Speed or Quality. We had this similar issue with our new UJF-6042 and we switched from speed to Quality and it fixed the issue. Hope that helps.

ccchang1228

In Rasterlink when you are creating the special Layer of white and then composing them together are you telling it to compose it as Speed or Quality. We had this similar issue with our new UJF-6042 and we switched from speed to Quality and it fixed the issue. Hope that helps.

Hi

Thanks for the response. I really appreciated it. What version of Rasterlink are you using ? We are using Raster 5 Pro. I am not understanding the "compose as Speed or Quality" part. All we did was open the image we want to print in Rasterlink 5 and use the "special color tab" to select the setting. I don't see the option to set "Speed or Quality"

Do you know where I can find "Speed or Quality" setting in Rasterlink ? Also, do we have to redo our images ?

Thanks

Phil

intercrown

Hi Everyone

We just go our Mimaki machine installed and have been playing around with it. Our issue is that "some" part of the print out that is suppose to be WHITE turn out to be missing or transparent from the print out. I print using "valid pixel" and it will not work because I understand that it recognizes the #ffffff as transparent.
I am getting the feeling that the rasterlink 5 is interpreting some of the missing white part from the image as "not" valid pixels.

However, if I print using "whole image" it prints white perfectly fine where I want it to, but it also prints white everywhere that I want it to be transparent like the back ground of the rounded border on my image.

We print all of our files in TIFF. So I tried converting the image with different format such as EPS, JPEG etc to see if that would help with the issue and no success. I know this has to be a simple thing that I'm missing from the setting or machine.

This is some what a serious issue since all of our image have rounded borders. Basically we want the white background to be transparent at the corner of the image but not the white part in our pictures.... Any one else dealt with this issue and knows how to fix it OR if it can be fixed ????
:noway::noway:

I attached a picture so you guys can see what I mean.

Thanks guys!

Did you tried option in rasterlink 5 EMPHASIS HIGHLIGHT . There must be option for white and for cmyk.

ccchang1228

Did you tried option in rasterlink 5 EMPHASIS HIGHLIGHT . There must be option for white and for cmyk.

Yeah, We have it set like this for our image but the same problem still persist. Is my setting wrong ?

Attachments

• Mimaki RasterLinkPro5 IP.lnk.jpg
    Mimaki RasterLinkPro5 IP.lnk.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 573

intercrown

Yeah, We have it set like this for our image but the same problem still persist. Is my setting wrong ?

For white on pics such as .jpg etc. select at least 1% CMYK. And for eliminating white background , turn off special color( in this case - white ).