• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strong Clear Adhesive Vinyl Recommendations

B893P78

Hello all.

I am looking for recommendations on a brand of Calendared vinyl or other material that has a highly aggressive adhesive but also removes cleanly. I tried a few permanent ones, but so far, they have not been "permanent" or left gray stains on the surface. This vinyl will be adhered to plastic, carbon fiber, and wood, and the bond needs to be strong.

Now, for example, the skateboard grip tape is aggressive; that stuff does not want to come off. But when it does, it comes off super clean; I am looking for something like that.

Anybody have any recommendations I could try, I am using EcoSolvents.

petepaz

you are not going to find an aggressive adhesive for those applications that will remove cleanly.
to start for plastic, wood, carbon fiber you will need a high tack adhesive and it's made to stick, be aggressive no high tack adhesive will remove cleanly.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Odds are, ya have 3 totally different surfaces/substrates, so you'll probably need 3 different vinyls which more than likely won't all behave the same.

ProColorGraphics

General Formulations has a high tack that is removable, but is only in white as far as I know. You could try printing on Substance 3150 laminate. I have used that several times for clear decals and it works great. I doubt it would be super removable though.

B893P78

General Formulations has a high tack that is removable, but is only in white as far as I know. You could try printing on Substance 3150 laminate. I have used that several times for clear decals and it works great. I doubt it would be super removable though.
Ahh, I have a couple rolls of 3150 laminate. Never tried printing on it, going to have to play around with that this weekend. I ordered the ultra-curve, let's see how that works out.

guillermo

Ahh, I have a couple rolls of 3150 laminate. Never tried printing on it, going to have to play around with that this weekend. I ordered the ultra-curve, let's see how that works out.
If you try to print with a latex printer, watch out for the drier, to much heat will warp the material.