• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Styrene Shelf Life

buildexperience

We are looking to change our pop-up panels from laminated lambda prints to going direct print on styrene. Our clients keep them rolled in the case the majority of the time, only pulling them out for use at indoor tradeshows a few times a year. I'm having a tough time getting a straight answer from any supplier on how long it will last. So...

1. What's the shelf life on corona treated styrene (unprinted)?
2. What's the lifespan on a printed styrene panel, both laminated and unlaminated? I'm trying to figure out how long it will last before it starts to yellow or become brittle.

artbot

i've had white polystyrene laying around the studio for ten years and it's not yellowed or shown any sign of changing. clear styrene, i've heard, is not uv stable. but as for the white stuff it's just cheap white plastic and if not out doors, should outlast it's intended purpose.