• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa D160 Gap at Start of Cut

SpeedproGP

I'm getting a gap at the start of a cut (top right of pic, in unweeded offset test cut). Also having issues with gaps in curves like O's.

I'm not having issues with digital media with reg marks, only colored vinyl. I've been through all the settings: offset is good, overcut makes no difference to the gap, neither does smoothing, down acceleration, or sorting. Does the same thing with new or old blades. Blade holder's clean, but maybe it needs to be replaced? I know there's teeny ball bearings in it for the drag knife but it's not anything I've seen before. It seems as though the blade isn't in the correct direction when the cut starts and takes a mm or so to get turned around.

Any input would be super!!!

Attachments

• IMG_7557.JPG
    IMG_7557.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 84

Todd Jelle

Over cut or blade offset may need adjusted. look at your manual or look for the online manual. They cover what a proper looking test cut looks like & how to adjust.

cornholio

is
it only at the first cut? Then it could be the damper inside the solenoid being compressed. This is a known problem in older Summas. The official solution is to replace the cutting head. I refurbished a couple of these heads successfully with new dampers.

SpeedproGP

Thanks so much!!! I took off the cover and put a tiny drop of lubricant here:
summa  .JPG

And that seemed to do the trick! I may have to change or refurbish the cutting head but that's future me's problem lol