• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa F1612 - Vacuum recomendation

CanuckSigns

For foam POT knife was recommended and EOT for the e-flute. We are getting both.

Sounds like the sales rep has your boss buying all sorts of unnecessary accessories! If you have the POT, there is no need for the EOT, the POT is like the EOT on steroids, the EOT offers no advantages over the POT except you don't need a large air compressor to run it.

Sounds like your boss really wants to go all in and buy every attachment, but there are some redundancies between tools.

dvdcr

Sounds like the sales rep has your boss buying all sorts of unnecessary accessories! If you have the POT, there is no need for the EOT, the POT is like the EOT on steroids, the EOT offers no advantages over the POT except you don't need a large air compressor to run it.

Sounds like your boss really wants to go all in and buy every attachment, but there are some redundancies between tools.

I believe what was mentioned is the EOT was faster, we originally only planed to cut corrugated. Then to make box inserts with charcoal foam we needed a longer blade and only the POT could do up to 2".

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Just wanted to clarify that the POT-L(POT long) does have a longer blade that is designed to cut the foam inserts as was previously mentioned. The POT is usually a bit too powerful to cut the softer foam boards and really would be overkill for that application. Those types of materials are handled much better with the EOT as opposed to the POT which is commonly used with thicker/denser foam boards. So, it is possible there could be a need for both tools.

Feel free to contact me if you would like to pick my brain on any of the different tool options.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

kosh_al

What did you end up getting? Looks like this thread got kinda hijacked from the original post. We just got a summa F1612 used and are shopping which vacuum to get. We have the HF router and the Site Prep document specifies:

The specifications for the vacuum cleaner are:
• Air output (at fan): Min 3.000l/min (106 cfm)
• Vacuum: Min 230 hPa (mbar) (92 inch of water)
• Hose diameter is 35 – 38 mm (exact specifications of connection can be found on the
internet under ‘screw cuff a72-84V’).

There are not a lot of "affordable" vacuums that actually meet these specs. We have a sign shop with printers and such around, and so do not want to skimp on the vacuum, we actually probably want something a little more powerful than minimum.

ProColorGraphics

What did you end up getting? Looks like this thread got kinda hijacked from the original post. We just got a summa F1612 used and are shopping which vacuum to get. We have the HF router and the Site Prep document specifies:

• Hose diameter is 35 – 38 mm (exact specifications of connection can be found on the

There are not a lot of "affordable" vacuums that actually meet these specs. We have a sign shop with printers and such around, and so do not want to skimp on the vacuum, we actually probably want something a little more powerful than minimum.
I ended up getting the biggest/most powerful one I could find at Home Depot. So far, it has worked just fine.

nsm

I would suggest take a look at a Nilfisk or Dustcontrol. Both manufactures produce vacuums that have been used on Zund, Kongsberg, and MCTs. It will do the job but expect to spend around 2K.

I may still have a contact at Dustcontrol and can pass along if I can find it. I used to purchase and bundle them with the MCT VT cutters we used to manufacture.

ProColorGraphics

The EOT is way better for small detail type stuff.