• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa GoSign - dropping lower case "i" in designs

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
It has been fixed in GoSign v.3
Interesting, I've NEVER had this problem... I just looked and we have v2.2
... and because I have read this thread, the next time there is a lower case "i" in my artwork it will probably not cut.
Power of suggestion + murphy's law + gremlin

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Interesting, I've NEVER had this problem... I just looked and we have v2.2
... and because I have read this thread, the next time there is a lower case "i" in my artwork it will probably not cut.
Power of suggestion + murphy's law + gremlin
Don't get me started on gremlins today!!

Gilly

Hi friends thanks so much for everyones input here in helping to trouble shoot, diagnose, and guide me to solutions. So overall I'm going to say everyone is correct. Partial not baby designer in his converting to outlines steps, partial software known bug, and yes partial user unfamiliarity with GoSign Having over 20+ years mostly devoted to programs like Flexi and Versa.

Final solution seems to be: live type > saved from illustrator as .pdf > standard preset > doesn't seem to give this problem with our newest updated drivers in Gosign.
Text converted to outline: all text selected > flatten image > convert all strokes and strokes to outlines > ungroup all > save as pdf > standard preset > lower case i is there

Simple option of converting to outlines and saving to pdf will drop lower case "i" character without flattening and ungrouping flattened text.

Approaching from everyones advice and having a bit of time inbetween jobs today we were able to better figure out where when and how it was happening and where we were having to create additional steps. We are going to try to continue with saving live type pdfs for editability functions on future jobs but also good to know why our converting to outlines wasn't working properly.

My first jump with design background was when my designer said he converted outlines and my files were still showing it was to have him go with the un-compound of the shape knowing at that point there was no fixed code for the production manager to process of relationships at all of the i base with its ascender.

Just trying to chase some of the ghost out of the production system here at my new home.
Thanks again for everyone's help!