• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

summa s one Gosign usb set up

netsol

I can't find how to set up the gosign to work with usb. any help would be appreciated.
with ANY usb device, you need to have the proper device drivers & they must be installed (or at least pre-loaded) BEFORE you plug the device into a usb port. otherwise it becomes a "composite device" a nice word for nonfuctional

one a device is flagged on a usb port, you must either USE ANOTHER or go into device manager and delete the composite device
if you have plugged into different usb ports repeatedly, it may be impossible to load device drivers until you have removed all previous instances.

cyclerc

with ANY usb device, you need to have the proper device drivers & they must be installed (or at least pre-loaded) BEFORE you plug the device into a usb port. otherwise it becomes a "composite device" a nice word for nonfuctional

one a device is flagged on a usb port, you must either USE ANOTHER or go into device manager and delete the composite device
if you have plugged into different usb ports repeatedly, it may be impossible to load device drivers until you have removed all previous instances.
thanks for quick reply, the drivers are installed, I always use the ethernet but sometimes disconnect and I have to turn off/on the plotter to find in gosign, would like to connect usb for this

netsol

is it a usb port on the plotter or a usb/serial device?
i will make time to reply later (wife is in hospital, things are crazy)

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Summa has a video on installing GoSIGN and at the 5:30 mark they go over installing the cutter.

Also make sure you have done the below items as well or the cutter may not show up in GoSIGN.

Load Material into the cutter and make sure it is ready to receive jobs.
Make sure to install the latest USB Drivers.

cyclerc

the plotter show in the display usb1 but the gosign dont recognize usb plotter, only work with wifi/ip the same in 2 different computers.

cyclerc

Summa has a video on installing GoSIGN and at the 5:30 mark they go over installing the cutter.

Also make sure you have done the below items as well or the cutter may not show up in GoSIGN.

Load Material into the cutter and make sure it is ready to receive jobs.
Make sure to install the latest USB Drivers.
GO SIGN DON'T RECOGNIZE, only works with wifi and sometimes dont work.

cornholio

A better way to check the connection is with CutterControl. It's always the first thing I check. (Was it even back with Windows 3.1 and serial ports on the good old Summasigns.)