• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts on storing a used HP Latex 330

ryleylamarsh

Hello!
I have my eye on a used HP 330. It looks to be in fantastic condition with low hours. The asking price is decent at 4k CDN. Only issue is that I would need to store it in my garage for a number of months until I can put it to use.

I’m wondering a few things.

1. Would it be ok to store the printer in my garage where it can dip as low as -10 yay Canada) without damaging the printer? What temps are safe for storage?

2. Are there things I should be doing while the printer is in storage regardless of the temperature? Ex. Running off a small print every few weeks?

3. Lastly I am wondering if I could get some advice on some simple things I can do to test the printer before purchase beyond a test plot? I have extensive experience running a few different hp latex printers over the last 4 years but haven’t had to do much in the way of troubleshooting issues.

Thanks!!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I would take ink cartridges and printheads out, store them away until you are actually going to use it.
Then you might as well install all new ink cartridges and printheads. So testprints... don't even bother. Error log is more useful.

1715957435387.png

Precision

Is there a way to purge the inklines before/when you remove the printheads and ink cartridges? That would be really best.

cornholio

-10 doesn't sound good... I had to empty a R1000 for shipment. There is a procedure and a device you can borrow from HP. When the ink freezes in the tubing, it will destroy things
I'm not aware, that something similar exists for the small printers.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yeah one could do the flush on the lines with the same machine but at that point it's almost better not to buy the unit just to store it for unknown time. Might as well buy one later when you need it.

-10 doesn't sound good... I had to empty a R1000 for shipment. There is a procedure and a device you can borrow from HP. When the ink freezes in the tubing, it will destroy things
I'm not aware, that something similar exists for the small printers.
Gen4 ink is different but HP says gen3 is fine to move below 0C with inked lines.