• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

UCJV300 A/B DTF, does it work?

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
Has anyone ever tried to print DTF "Crystal Stickers" with A / B Film on a Mimaki UCJV300 printer?
Did it work?
I've had 2 people tell me it wont work, just curious if anyone has tried it and what was the results.

This is the A/B DTF film I am referring too.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I'd also be really curious to know if it's doable.

Doesn't some sort of shaker or something have to be used?

Kemik

I'd also be really curious to know if it's doable.

Doesn't some sort of shaker or something have to be used?
As far as I know it's just 2 films, A and B.
I believe you print on one and lam with the other?

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
As far as I know it's just 2 films, A and B.
I believe you print on one and lam with the other?
As long as you can a clear varnish there’s no reason it shouldn’t work, don’t remember what configuration’s you can set that printer up with but if you’re only white plus colors you might be out of luck

micadesign

As long as you can a clear varnish there’s no reason it shouldn’t work, don’t remember what configuration’s you can set that printer up with but if you’re only white plus colors you might be out of luck
my ucjv300 is setting up with cmyk+VVWW

InkHead

I'm not sure it will work. My understanding is the part you are printing on is the "glue". Traditionally these are done on flat bed UV printers. These newer roll to roll UV DTF printers don't seem to have the individual pinch rollers. If you look closely at the video in the OP, it has nip rollers to feed the material. I assume the pinch rollers would get glue/adhesive residue?

Kemik

I'm not sure it will work. My understanding is the part you are printing on is the "glue". Traditionally these are done on flat bed UV printers. These newer roll to roll UV DTF printers don't seem to have the individual pinch rollers. If you look closely at the video in the OP, it has nip rollers to feed the material. I assume the pinch rollers would get glue/adhesive residue?
What if you only used the end 2 pinch rollers?

Kemik

I have CMYK+White+Clear UV

InkHead

What if you only used the end 2 pinch rollers?
I suppose it could work but it might gunk up those rollers. You just may have to clean them. Also are you just planning on doing sheets as I don't think you would be able to use the take-up reel.

Give it a shot and report back

Nicky Zhou

PrintLinks
The A/B film rolls which needs the special feeding system, the rolls need to peel off the protection film before it go through the platform, yes you may thinking to use the ends pinch rolls, but think about how you can handling a continuous glue to the rollers , the stepping may blocked; even you solve the step issues , the printed glue file required an immediately heat lamination to protect the surface glue together , those are two parts which means a conventional roll to roll printer can’t print a formal UV DTF film. Unless you do the modification accordingly.

Heebeegeebee

I believe UV DTF inks are formulated differently from standard UV inks. I believe they cure a little bit harder. Does anyone have any thoughts on how actual UV DTF inks would run through this printer?

I believe UV DTF inks are formulated differently from standard UV inks. I believe they cure a little bit harder. Does anyone have any thoughts on how actual UV DTF inks would run through this printer?
I cant speak regarding the Mimaki but we have our own branded UV DTF in house and you use standard UV Curable Ink and print directly onto the AB film. When you cut the film, you simply peel and press onto the items you wish to transfer and you can use a hand squeegee so it adheres good. We did it on a glass for a customer last time we did a sample. The wipers do get dirty frequently from the adhesive material on the film so maintenance is key on these things.