• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Versaworks no matter what preset it will not print bright red

Purehobby

How can I print bright reds in versaworks? Seems every preset prints way off colors
BN-20 printer, eps files done in adobe Illustrator or Photoshop and printed in versa works.
Media Type Generic Vinyl 1
Color Management ive tried most of the presets and im not sure how to make profile and where to load it in at. Can anyone help with that?

Last edited:

Terry01

Test print, printer used, program used prior to sending it to Versa, would all help. Save the file as a PDF, add it as a job, and let us know how you go.

The Duke

Printed this with my Roland VP-540. I can match colors based on the CMYK or PMS codes. Most digital printers are bit different, so its good to have a reference to match a clients color.

I took my PMS book and matched the colors of this print. was a bit different. So its much easier to print this then use it as reference, than fully trusting the color code will come out perfect with your printer.

Also, another thing to check is the profiles you are using for your printer. make sure it has the correct material set and play with the settings.

Attachments

• PMS_CMYKPressSheet.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 40

Purehobby

BN-20 printer, eps files done in adobe Illustrator or Photoshop and printed in versa works.
Media Type Generic Vinyl 1
Color Management ive tried most of the presets and im not sure how to make profile and where to load it in at. Can anyone help with that?

netsol

Printer and inks would be helpful
victor, i think my answer stands on it's own, regardless of what printer or inks.

there could certainly be more to it, but, if we were playing jeopardy i would stick with my original, answer

none of my printers gave me a "fire engine red" until i broke out the Xrite I1 & did the work

Purehobby

Roland Inks, BN-20 and I have adjusted color management down from 100% on all but still coming out dark red. Picture attached

Attachments

• team.jpg
    team.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 29

weyandsign

What are the CMYK values of your red? It looks like it has some black in it. Color management, I think MAX density U.S. works best