• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VW profiles for CMYKcmk?

T_K

Hey everyone,

I'm running a VS-540i with a CMYKcmk ink setup. I'm trying to find print profiles for VW for my printer, but Roland's profile center has next to nothing for this ink setup. The last shop I worked at ran just a CMYK setup, so this is new territory for me.

So here's my 2-part question:
1) Is there anything wrong with using the CMYK profiles (minus light c, m & k)? Would this negatively effect my printing?
2) Do you know where I can find more profiles for this ink setup? Currently looking for Avery & Ultraflex profiles.

splizaat

Interesting....I thought loading the CMYK profiles wouldn't even work, but I never thought about it? Maybe someone else can chime in on this?

Oracal has a ton of profiles, although their 3165G profile shows all the colors washed out and red is pink. Terrible profile so I'm not sure why roland released it - it lacks a lot of pop in the colors.

We run same setup for ink config on the same printer.

oksigns

Interesting....I thought loading the CMYK profiles wouldn't even work, but I never thought about it? Maybe someone else can chime in on this?

Oracal has a ton of profiles, although their 3165G profile shows all the colors washed out and red is pink. Terrible profile so I'm not sure why roland released it - it lacks a lot of pop in the colors.

I run a XR-640 with CMYKcmk and use the profiles from the roland website with a 95% success rate. I find everything I need between Oracal and 3M, including some Durasol. Some profiles just didn't work till a tech came out, fixed some firmware and deep maintenance and everything was right as rain. As far as I could tell, it was a firmware issue for my machine.

T_K

Yes, Oracal has a ton of profiles for CMYK, but none for the light color setup. I'm thinking about testing out running one of these profiles, but I need to figure out a good test artwork piece. Right now I'm just running labels with no real color depth.

shoresigns

Yes, Oracal has a ton of profiles for CMYK, but none for the light color setup. I'm thinking about testing out running one of these profiles, but I need to figure out a good test artwork piece. Right now I'm just running labels with no real color depth.

Try the Avery profiles on your Oracal material. Using a profile for a different brand usually works fairly well in my experience, as long as the materials are similar.

splizaat

Which profiles are you trying to find? We have same printer and same exact color setup and Oracal has profiles for almost every media....we have all of their profiles.