• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wax Paper Backing

AlphaDzigns

Aloha All,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any type of large format printing roll (Make and Model) that would have a thin backing that looks like wax paper? I have a client who is looking specifically for that style of backing but my normal intermediate film rolls have a thicker more paper feel where as the one they are looking for is more thin and wax paper type. I am currently using an HP365 to print. I know that I have seen this type of material for smaller "label" printers but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with finding a large format roll with that type of backing.

Please refer to the picture attached to show the difference.
image001.png

The left side is what the customer is looking for whereas the right is what we typically use now.

Any help will be greatly appreciated on where I can find this material. FYI the sizing of the roll does not matter since we can cut the sheets down ourselves with our plotter.

Thank you.

Mr.Signboy

What are you trying to make with it? I’m guessing you’re printing labels or decals and trying to keep them on a roll?

zillion29

If Avery keeps cutting corners on the SuperCast liner, that product will easily reach the thickness you're looking for!:p

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What, exactly, are you, or they, trying to achieve?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I thought I was getting some serious Deja vu.... but some of the comments I know I read before weren't here. I found them!

JBurton

Signtologist
I thought I was getting some serious Deja vu.... but some of the comments I know I read before weren't here. I found them!
Ahh, because they asked for thinner paper I reckon.
OP, if they are really keen on thinner backing, double you price, buy a roll of wax paper, and come up with the easiest way to transfer the sticker run to the wax paper.