• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is wrong with this sign?

300mphGraphics

Having a little trouble with the customer over this sign. Please give your opinion as to what is wrong with this sign.

Attachments

• signs 101.jpg
    signs 101.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 40

Stormyj

Just another guy
Kerning is way off, no corner as stated above, and, its missing something on top, I dont know, just something. :banghead:
Ah, nvermnd, its the White Box Ca bin et Store.
They sell cabinets intermittently.

300mphGraphics

I was hoping for a few more responses.. Customer says sign doesn't fit, I say it is correct for when the corner pieces are put back on. He wants the sign faces to go over the corners. I explained how a sign works with the retainers going all the way around. Customer says he doesn't have them and they were not there when he bought the property. He thinks the new faces should match up to the can corners. Customer took all the retaining pieces off and repainted everything with only the can being there when I surveyed. I went back to dry fit the face and he had the straight pieces on but not the corners, which made it easy to trace a template of the corner radii.

Bottom line, in my opinion, is the sign needs the corner retaining pieces and the problem is solved. It's an old can that has settled and is not perfectly square. Is the best solution to have corners made up by the local sheet metal shop?

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
You may not need to go to a metal shop.

I would kerf cut some angle (for a retainer)
the shape of the radius corner...
Then to hide the cuts, slap some aluminum
the shape if the retainer face, then paint to match.

J Hill Designs

I was hoping for a few more responses.. Customer says sign doesn't fit, I say it is correct for when the corner pieces are put back on. He wants the sign faces to go over the corners. I explained how a sign works with the retainers going all the way around.

explain to him the physics of expansion and contraction

visual800

Always remember if you have too much trouble with a customer over something you cant control, you can always dump them. Sounds to me like your walking into a *****

300mphGraphics

It's mounted between railway ties?
They're actually utility/telephone poles and have been there for years with everything settled into place. The can is half inch out of square, which is another reason I explained to him the face needs room to float some. That, plus, as J Hill said, expansion and contraction and being able to slide it into place to begin with.

Yes, difficult customer but the sign is in place and working and the deposit and final bill paid. If we can purchase or make new corner pieces, hopefully everyone is happy. :smile: