• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where does this fault lie?

Forty One

Jv33.
New cap top.
New dampers.
Correct adjustments made to said cap top.
Multiple inkfills and hard cleans.
But I'm not getting any of the ink to pull through.
Manually, no problem. The ink flows to the dampers and they're primed.
Head soak/nozzle wash has the fluid sitting in the cap top and drains through upon completion.
Could it be the pump? Would a lack of suction from the pump not pull any ink into the head?
When I'm doing a hard clean and the gap opens up to pull air etc, I can't see any ink firing through the nozzles and misting into the cap top.
I'm really at a loss with this one

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Definitely worth checking the pump/pump tubing, but might be the head. If absolutely nothing is firing, things like head cable and fuses would be pretty suspect. Should be getting something with a fresh priming.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
If there is ink through the lines and into the head and you can pull manually, could also be a blown fuse, can you get ink when you go a Nozzle test?

Forty One

Wouldn't it come up with a slider F1 etc error?
I've only been able to get a few nozzles from a Kay channel to print
Since Kay is smack bang in the middle of the head, this makes more sense that I would get that to print and not the others.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you can get some nozzles to print, it's probably not a fuse but worth checking fuse F13 on the main board. I've noticed 2 things about these models as they age. 1. The ink lines and connections start to fail and cause ink flow issues. 2. The cap top slider pegs wear down and cause the cap to not seal properly with the head. I'd start with a new cap slider as it's super cheap. If that doesn't do the trick, change all the ink lines and o-rings. It seems like a big job but it's actually fairly straight forward.

Neil

When you do a normal clean, do you get ink pooling in the cap top?
What was happening before you decided to change the cap top and all the dampers?

Forty One

Solventinkjet
yeah, this is a rebuild. It was runnning Bulk BS3.
I've replaced all the lines and the rings etc.
I'll check that fuse.

Neil
No, no ink pooling. It's not pulling any ink through. There's a few drops that has come though, but nothing to comment on.
It was printing previously. Prior to me replacing all the lines etc as mentioned above.
The captop holds cleaning solution. So I can do a nozzle wash, and I can see the cleaning solution remove itself during the process when it's required.

Neil

Neil
No, no ink pooling. It's not pulling any ink through. There's a few drops that has come though, but nothing to comment on.
It was printing previously. Prior to me replacing all the lines etc as mentioned above.
The captop holds cleaning solution. So I can do a nozzle wash, and I can see the cleaning solution remove itself during the process when it's required.
The fact that it's all the colours, all channels, rules out anything above the head.

When it drains the cleaning fluid, can you see it going through both tubes?
Does fluid come out of both tubes at the end (what would be into the waste bottle)
If yes, then it rules out the tubes and pump.

That leaves the head or cap. My bet is the cap isn't sealing properly.

You should be able to open the cart valves and suck ink through from the tubes under the cap.
You need 2 syringes - one on each tube. The second one is to stop air intake.
If you pull on one, ink should come through the head into the cap top. If it doesn't, there an air leak somewhere

Forty One

Along way to go, but I'm getting there.

So as per Neil's advice, I've found that the cap top isn't sealing 100%

Seems in the front corner, magenta side, there's a slight gap.

I'll try a new captop and see if that solves my issue

Forty One

Two steps forward....
1000003871.jpg

Neil

Good one. Sometimes, if you drop your head to low, it forces a better seal while cleaning.

Forty One

Not sure if it was the cap top or the hoses I replaced from the cap top to the pump, but something worked.