• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

which software would be better to use

watchdaride

Hi looking to start making body graphics . Wanted to know which software would make more accurate . I would have the graphics in vector and want to use a template to adjust size for vehicle .
provehicle outline - they use a wireframe outline
badwraps - they use a picture image

graphics.png

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I think it totally depends on what kind of presentation you're giving your customer. Both have their merits for proofs/concept drawings. A better system is to get your own photos and measurements of the vehicle receiving the graphics. That way, you know the sizes are correct (or should be, if measurements are done correctly).

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Pro Vehicle Outlines is subscription based, you pay annually for the entire collection, great if it's your bread & butter, but not so cost effective if you don't use it daily. Bad Wraps can be purchased individually, which is good if you only need a template here and there. There are a lot of sites that sell templates, some subscription, some collections you buy, some sell individuals, some just do specialty vehicles, race cars, atv's... Check reviews to see if there are overwhelming complaints about quality or inaccuracies.

Most are pretty accurate, have specific layers to mask your designs to, but always measure the vehicle too, it's the only way to know it's accurate, and calculate how you want to set up your print files, where you'll want additional bleed, etc. Either style will give a good mock-up for a customer to show what it'll look like. They're at smaller scale, to create your print files you blow them up to size, add your bleed, tile sections to print size, the scale each uses is always included. Any design software can be used with these templates that uses vector layers, and that you can accurately blow up to full scale, like Illustrator, Corel, Affinity Designer...

If you've never done one before, it makes the designing part fairly straightforward, but takes a bit of playing and calculating to get print files set up right, add bleed & stuff where you need it to work, so be prepared to eat some time on the first ones, and probably a few reprints. My first couple were sort of a nightmare, but that's the learning process.