• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

White Ink issue

rcali

Hi!

Before you scroll away because this printer is known to be a headache by itself, I am simply looking for input from anyone who has had a similar issue on any printer with 10 ink channels!

The issue: The last most right nozzle(s) of my printer refuses to print on its nozzle test unless I manually syringe ink through the capping station.
The methods: I do power cleanings, normal cleanings, I even wipe the print head with monomer at times, nothing but sheer force will get these two white channels going.
I know the print head is not siezed because I can get ink flow through the print head and capping station with a syringe. But if I do a cleaning after priming this way, I lose the nozzles again.
I have cleaned out and refilled the two offending ink tanks,.
I have replaced all the white ink circulation pumps.
I have replaced the print head.
I have replaced the ink lines.
I have replaced the capping station.
I even just calibrated the print head and uv lamp height with a jig I purchased from the manufacturer.

Ink set up: white1, white 2, clear 1, yellow, magenta, cyan, black, clear 2, white 3, white 4. the white 3 and white 4 are the constantly missing nozzles.

Sad to say it is a DCS7200z. But again, I am looking for any input from anyone on how to revive nozzles on a print head that is not shot.
Thank you in advance!

dweavers

have you replaced the capping station with genuine OEM parts, as being on the outermost side this is the one that will require a 100% good seal and inferior copy parts sometimes just dont cut the mustard

rcali

have you replaced the capping station with genuine OEM parts, as being on the outermost side this is the one that will require a 100% good seal and inferior copy parts sometimes just dont cut the mustard
That could for sure be the issue. I had a DCS tech in in November and was informed that they themselves had to outsource the capping stations because Epson was not supporting them anymore and that officially they would need to find an after market maker of their capping stations and other parts starting May 2024.
Something about making the 7200z in partner with Epson and that Epson contract ending.

I will say that when I do get white ink from the white 3 and 4 nozzles, there is no spottiness that would indicate dried ink on the printhead blocking the flow. Which I am saying because I think a bad cap seal would result in dried ink on the print head?

Thank you for your input!