• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who Has The Best Inks?

JamesLam

Lot's of chatter regarding who makes the best flatbed printers and who offers the best service, support, durability, etc. But not much about which printer offers the best ink and why.

I'm curious if there are any really differences from brand to brand in the ink options they offer.

JamesLam

I would think you would want to talk about primers, adhesion promoters, varnish and clear coats...
That is a good point. It's easy to get caught up in colour gamut, number of colours, number of heads, printer speeds, etc.

BigNate

1714584701601.jpeg
...... I asked George, he said he is not sure about which qualities you are looking for, but he makes good black ink... Vernon, the Squid makes blue/purple, and those freaks the cuttlefish make brown ink....

johnnysigns

Flexible ink's another one to add to the list. Offhand I think you usually suffer some gamut loss, but we didn't have any problems selling printing with a flexible inkset to our clients all said and done.

swordguy3222

For best overall I would say EFI or AGFA inks are amongst the top, but from my experience no one matches Fuji's ink for brightness with just using CMYK inks. It might also be a good pairing with the rip we use, colorgate profiles just seem better for color then others.

petepaz

we have a fuji/acuity UV, EFI pro 16h uv and roland uv.
i found that the roland uv inks have been the best all around as far as what they stick to and the fuji/acuity is worst of the 3.
the fuji ink if we run it on coro we need to run the sheets through our silk screen uv dryers to cure them a little more.
i do know that EFI offers a couple different versions of ink depending on what material you are printing on