• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1/8th maxmetal/dibond multicamm 3000 settings

I am routing 24x36 round edge maxmetal panels. What’s settings can you experienced CNC experts recommend?

-feed rate
-plunge
-rpm
-how many passes 1 or 2?
-conventional or directional?
-1/8 bit is what I am using

LarryB

These settings are what I use on my Multicam 3000 router

50 speed, 30 plunge, 14800 spindle, climb cut, 1 pass for 1/8" bit

If it is just round edge panels you could use 1/4" bit with these settings: 148 speed, 60 plunge, 14300 spindle, climb cut, 1 pass

These settings are what I use on my Multicam 3000 router

50 speed, 30 plunge, 14800 spindle, climb cut, 1 pass for 1/8" bit

If it is just round edge panels you could use 1/4" bit with these settings: 148 speed, 60 plunge, 14300 spindle, climb cut, 1 pass
Thanks Larry the issue we are having is it’s not cutting all the way thru, we started at 0.125 and have gone up to 0.130. What’s the max depth you cut?

In some spots yes but not all the way around, in addition we are cutting two small holes for the screws and it only goes thru on one hole.

LarryB

Thanks Larry the issue we are having is it’s not cutting all the way thru, we started at 0.125 and have gone up to 0.130. What’s the max depth you cut?

Couple of things: Make sure your table is milled and flat. I checked with my operator and she said .12 is cutting dept beneath substrate. If you have to keep going deeper then something is not right.

SignEST

I cut composite at 16500-18500 rpm between 140-190 IPM with a 1/8 o-fluted upcutter. Regardless of the brand it always works fine, depends on how big the part is but your parts are large. I have pushed the bit to 250 ipm as well but it's not too happy about it. If your cuts aren't going through chances are your tool height is wrong or your table is not machined flat on both sides. For plunging you can do it a couple of ways but I always just ramped it in instead of plunging down or using a lead. Ramp at 80 ipm

To make a spoilboard you machine 1 side first then flip the sheet and machine it again. Sounds counterintuitive but you need to do it.