• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1 inch vertical stripe in print what would cause this?

TDFcustomSL

what would cause my vj1204 to print this? I thought maybe encoder strip so I wiped it down and the cloth had nothing on it. The stripe is a perfect 1 inch wide.

Attachments

• printer line.jpg
    printer line.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 93

player

Good point. I have had problems with PDF saving goofy stuff and an export eps of the same file does not.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
We had a similar issue a while back. Cleaning the pinch rollers helped. Replacing them completely eliminated the problem.

Wraps ink

It's most likely the pinch rollers also check your heater settings or see if it feels hotter or cooler where the stripe is.

TDFcustomSL

I though maybe it was in the file but its in the same spot on anything I print that covers that area of the vinyl. I couldn't noticeably feel a temperature difference. Ill look into the pinch rollers.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Put another roll on and do a test print.
It is bad media, call your vendor and have them replace the roll.

401Graphics

Yea sounds like bad media. 1204 pinch rollers go all the way accross the printer with almost no space between them. So i doubt its a pinch roller issue.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
It's not a media issue. Again, speaking from experience, it's the pinch rollers doing that. The 1624 has them all the way across, too. They get dirty and that's the result.
Sometimes the solution is as simple as cleaning them. Sometimes, it's necessary to replace them. Replacing ours completely eliminated the problem. A monthly cleaning (depending on machine usage) has kept it from reoccurring.