• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1 Shot Speed Dry Clear over Enamel Spray?

sardocs

The speed dry clear has a "hot" solvent in it. If you spray it on in a few light coats it can work, but if you are rolling or brushing it on it can damage the 1Shot you're trying to protect.

midnightmadman

Its not one shot underneath its a krylon spray (enamel?) . I did a small test area on something else and it looks fine.
I planned on rolling it.

Steve C.

I've rolled it over OneShot enamel many times. The only time I've used it over
krylon was sprayed on vinyl, but I think it will be fine.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Should work fine as long as the base paint is dry.
(Tip) you need to work fast when rolling speed dry clear to keep it from webbing off the roller.

visual800

I dont know how long you have been using that one shot clear but the last time I used it less than 1 year later it started to fish scale and flake off the sign . Just a note

on your subject I would think the one shot would pull up or wrinkle the krylon

CentralSigns

I went the other way, painted One Shot then sprayed matte spray over it. A customer didn't like the gloss finish on the lettering I did, so I sprayed the letters with matte enamel spray, to get rid of the shine. That sign will slowly get shinier and shinier as it gets older, instead of fading to matte.

Jillbeans

The kind in the white can, rolled on; yup.
The kind in the aerosol can, nope.
(you might be able to, but it always crinkles on me)
Love....Jill

midnightmadman

The kind in the white can, rolled on; yup.
The kind in the aerosol can, nope.
(you might be able to, but it always crinkles on me)
Love....Jill

Its odd because you would think the spray would have a better chance of working because you can do a light coat the first few times to "seal" it and then a last heavy one...