• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wanted 10 oz double sided mesh banners

Tfloraditch

The City requires that cross street banners need to be one 10 oz mesh banner hemmed and grommets printed both sides. Not two banners sewed together. Does anyone out there make that? I can find 12 oz. but not 10 oz.

fresh

has anyone actually done one? I didn't know you could even get a mesh banner printed double sided.

Also, I think you want it to be heavier weight so it doesn't tear apart. I could be wrong, but I assume the weight is the weight before its peforated. And depending on the perf count, a 12 oz banner could actually weigh less than a 10 oz one.

Tfloraditch

has anyone actually done one? I didn't know you could even get a mesh banner printed double sided.

The City regulations say...
3. Cross-street banners on Elm Street shall be made of vinyl mesh with a maximum weight of 10 ounces per square yard and a minimum air flow of 25 percent. Each banner shall have two double stitched reinforced hems and grommets. Banners intended for Elm Street shall be no larger than 4’ tall by 45’ wide. Mesh banners should be printed two-sided and shall not be two separate one-sided banners stitched together.

I can get 12 oz banners printed both sides. I talked with the guy at City Hall. Apparently they never see the banners. I doubt that anyone ever weighed one They just write the requirements. It may very well be that none of the banners ever really meet the specifications. I just don't want to sell a banner 45' x 4' and have the city reject it.

fresh

like i said, once you perforate 12oz 25%, you effectively only have 8oz of weight per sqft (or whatever area that weight is calculated by.)

shoresigns

I've never heard of a double-sided print on mesh, but I would assume the image would bleed through significantly. You wouldn't want to design anything with a white background, probably.

Tfloraditch

like i said, once you perforate 12oz 25%, you effectively only have 8oz of weight per sqft (or whatever area that weight is calculated by.)
I don't think that is the way it works. It's not perforated it is a mesh material before printed. Besides, City hall isn't going to do the math. If they look at it at all they are just going to say 12 oz doesn't fly!