• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1005ezRS print problem... anyone?

Kwiksigns

wookie
so this is the second time this has happened. First time was a brand new roll, same issue. Print looks all "speckled" or like it has freckles. This is mostly recent. We will print a whole roll fine, same profile, next roll, it started this issue. I printed 70' off this roll, next day, load it up to print some solid dark blue prints, started this problem. I am starting to get frustrated. We have printed numerous rolls with our 360 and never had an issue. I did all the cleanings, alignments, diffferent profile... Tried a IJ35 in the machine, and it printed beautifully. Is this something common or am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• 2015-04-30 17.16.35.jpg
    2015-04-30 17.16.35.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 2015-04-30 17.16.48.jpg
    2015-04-30 17.16.48.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 97

a77

I've given up trying to print on 1005 with my eco-solv. All other media, including other avery media, prints fine. I haven't seen that, I get mottling in any solid colours. Show your supplier and they'll give you another roll, and then it will likely happen again.

scott pagan

looks like contaminant on the surface of the vinyl causing the ink to "fish eye" away from the problem areas. your supplier should be able to work this out with you and Avery. check lot #s on labels and see if you have another roll outside that group that prints better.

Kwiksigns

wookie
looks like contaminant on the surface of the vinyl causing the ink to "fish eye" away from the problem areas. your supplier should be able to work this out with you and Avery. check lot #s on labels and see if you have another roll outside that group that prints better.

this is what they are doing. It is being taken care of... but two rolls... it's so easy to install and holds up great... but I don't know if it's worth my headache

Artworks

Artworks
Definitely a media issue. I am switching medias because of it. It has happened on my last two rolls. there is a fix. Roll the media out on a table of take up reel and wipe the entire surface that you will be printing with rubbing alcohol. Prints come out clean as can be. Pain in the @$$, but it works.

Desert_Signs

Just happened to me yesterday. Luckily it was at the very tail end of the roll...

Attachments

• 20150603_100723_resized.jpg
    20150603_100723_resized.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 20150603_100716_resized.jpg
    20150603_100716_resized.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 83

Kwiksigns

wookie
Avery sent me a free roll of some color change that I needed for a wrap. I also got refunded on everything. As far as I know, they are aware of the issue, and so Avery and my Grimco branch were very helpful in getting me new rolls and taking care of the issue.

anthonyd969

Premium Subscriber
Avery mpi 1005 problem glue separation? This is a first

Hello,

I just ran prints early this morning and gave it time to air dry before just laminating them to apply on a vehicle. Started the roof and as we were apply with a light pull up to stretch it the glue removed right from the vinyl back? That's a first for me. I've been doing this for 25 years and was surprised on that one. Anyone else have an issue like this. Now I'm nervous to move forward with the rest of this job that's printed.
I should also mention the roll is about 5 weeks new. The first half was no problem on a 3/4 wrap job. I'm printing on a Roland SolJet Pro III XC540.

Thanks, Anthony

AVIWRPS

Nothing but problems

YEP AVERY STRIKES AGAIN.... Im using a latex printer and have had no less than 7 rolls replacement within the past 2 months. They know they have an issue with latex printers. So they say they have fixed the issue but now none of their ICC profiles work. THIS is ridiculous, and we just got word the price is going up.WTF really. ANYONE else have these issues on latex?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I have zero issues with Avery, as I stopped using their crap years ago.