• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

10ft Trade Show Booth Printable Material for HP L360

cg2006

Hello everyone. I'm in the market for the new HP L360. I do a lot of tradeshow graphics and I'm just wondering is there a material you recommend that can print directly on for 10 ft tradeshow booth panels? I've read in the specs the L360 can support up to 19mil printable material. I'm still doing it the old fashion way by printing on gloss paper, laminating it with scuff resistant laminate and using a PVC adhesive backer to create a 22mil thick graphic panel. I'm curious if anyone else has a easier and more cost efficient method especially with these new latex inks that are scratch-resistant. Thanks!

Hello everyone. I'm in the market for the new HP L360. I do a lot of tradeshow graphics and I'm just wondering is there a material you recommend that can print directly on for 10 ft tradeshow booth panels? I've read in the specs the L360 can support up to 19mil printable material. I'm still doing it the old fashion way by printing on gloss paper, laminating it with scuff resistant laminate and using a PVC adhesive backer to create a 22mil thick graphic panel. I'm curious if anyone else has a easier and more cost efficient method especially with these new latex inks that are scratch-resistant. Thanks!

Why not just a white vinyl printed and then stick it on a foamboard or equivalent. What do you use for the backer board with the paper.

cg2006

These are 10 ft curved tradeshow displays. They need flexibility for transporting and hanging.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We print on vinyl, laminate with Polycarbonate lam, and mount to .020" styrene.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
There are many options for that latex, typically print onto thick printable backer then laminate with 10 Mil Polycarb.

cg2006

Has anyone had any issues with de-lamination on these materials by customers rolling the graphics inward? Also are you using heated lamination for the backers?

boxerbay

Then I would do white vinyl Lika IJ35 with a thin PVC backer.

DO NOT DO THIS. It will look great today but then a few months down the road your vinyl has pulled back from the edges and you have lovely white vertical lines where you panels meet.

Use a rigid dimensional stable product like POS PRO 400 or any other printable hard film. Then laminate using a poly carb cold lam. 10mil fronts but then 5mil sides. sides usually curve so it needs a lighter lam or else it will pop off the magnets.

Explain to your client the proper way to roll. I dont recommend hot lam. If they leave the unit in a HOT van all day it could end up with problems.

cg2006

Ritrama and its Pressure Sensitive so no heat is needed

I'm looking to do "double-up" panels, meaning if each tradeshow booth panel is ~28", I want to do (2) of them at a time so less "matching up". I would only have to match up the two middle panels to trim as oppose to all four panels.

Do you have or recommend any 60" polycarb and printable film to mount together for this? I was previously using a Lexjet material for printing but the largest film they had to use was 51".

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I'm looking to do "double-up" panels, meaning if each tradeshow booth panel is ~28", I want to do (2) of them at a time so less "matching up". I would only have to match up the two middle panels to trim as oppose to all four panels.

Do you have or recommend any 60" polycarb and printable film to mount together for this? I was previously using a Lexjet material for printing but the largest film they had to use was 51".

Yes I can get both in 60"