• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1204 horrible nozzle check

Kelsey Adams

See attached photos. Printhead was just replaced end of January/beginning of February. Only have printed on adhesive vinyl and printable heat transfer vinyl. Just started doing this. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Just replaced cap top. Cleaned under printhead using coffee filter thinking there could be dust underneath it. At a loss right now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 189
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 227

RG

How old is the maintenance station? Can you use a syringe and push ink freely through both pump tubes? To get to the top of these 2 tubes and do this, you have to remove the fixture that holds the cap top. If you can push cleaning fluid freely, then check the "air" tube that's under the cap top. Make sure it is connected. And, make sure that you can push air through it easily? Lastly, make sure that the 2 drain tubes under the cap top are not plugged up.

Who replaced the print head? Move the carriage to the middle of the platen. Put the head on the high setting. Does the head look like it is sitting level in the carriage? Is it at the same level as the 2 ramps on the sides?

Kelsey Adams

SOLVED!!! I must've had a head strike because my print head was not sitting level in the carriage, the backend was up. I took it out and set it back in and that fixed it!! Printing like it was before!