• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1304 Ink charge after head change?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Can anyone tell me the correct method of recharging the system with ink after a new head has been installed (with the least amount of ink going down the drain)?

I've had a problem with my printer and it is going to get a new head installed this afternoon under the service contract.

The reason I ask is I do not have overwhelming confidince in the techs that will do the job.
Last month in an attempt to fix the problem they took the head out and soaked it overnight (didn't help).
By the time we finished 4 full ink carts(cymk) and 4 new cleaning carts and my bottle of cleaning solution ended up in the waste bottle.
I know that a good deal of ink has to go but it seemed like a lot to me.
I don't think so much cleaning solution will be used this time with a new head.
The techs are good guys and do their best with the training and supplies they have but there are not a lot of these printers out here and I think they don't get much time working on them.
Service calls are done one step at a time read from a laptop sitting on the printer.
Now they did replace the carts but it takes a good deal of time when supplies are not on hand (most times they are short).
I have a full load of printing to do this weekend with a pretty good stock of ink but if I can help them save some of that ink it will help me.

wayne k
guam usa