• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1304 printing issue after head soak

patrickj75

I was having an issue with black streaks recently. Did a few head soaks now the black in my prints is printing green. MS was done last year. Dampers 2 years ago. I typically only print 1-2 days a week as I'm a part time business. Is it time for a new printhead?

Attachments

• IMG_6172.JPG
    IMG_6172.JPG
    234.4 KB · Views: 176

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Print a nozzle check and see what each channel is doing. If they look somewhat ok then something else is going on.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Hmmm - got a photo of the check? Not sure how you are getting green without the yellow channel.
With just cyan and magenta everything would be tinted purple I think.
Did you get an OEM MS or one of the cheaper ones? If your maintenance station drain tubes are clogged, puddling under the head could show cross-contamination.
Someone who knows more will chime in soon.

patrickj75

Hmmm - got a photo of the check? Not sure how you are getting green without the yellow channel.
With just cyan and magenta everything would be tinted purple I think.
Did you get an OEM MS or one of the cheaper ones? If your maintenance station drain tubes are clogged, puddling under the head could show cross-contamination.
Someone who knows more will chime in soon.

We used an OEM MS. I attached a pic of the nozzle check I just did. It's not very good at all.

Attachments

• IMG_6173.JPG
    IMG_6173.JPG
    311.8 KB · Views: 154

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would change the dampers out along with the o-rings as it's been 2 years, it's over due. I bet with a fresh set of dampers you could get it going.

David40

I've had this issue before. What happens is while the head is soaking some of the different colors of ink will siphon into the other channels. I use a "printer workout" page for that where I just print very large blocks of the pure 4 color inks. That flushes out whatever got siphoned into the wrong channel and the cross contamination clears up.