• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1324X mutoh valuejet not stopping after ink runs out?

thmooch

Recently I have been having an issue where the ink cartridges run out the printer will continue to print and not give a warning anymore that the cartridge is empty. It used to start beeping when getting low and then stop if completely empty. OEM 220 ink cartridges from Fellers. Is there something I can reset or clean to get it back to reading ink levels correctly? Machine is 3 years old.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Does it happen on all of your cartridges or just one color? There's a little, black, plastic lever toward the back, bottom, right side of the cartridge holder. That little lever get's pushed by a tab that sticks out of the cartridge when it's empty. They are flimsy and break easily if the cartridge is slightly skewed. When they break, they usually flag as empty too soon but in some cases they will just stop flagging altogether. It would be rare that it happened on all of the colors at the same time though.

thmooch

Does it happen on all of your cartridges or just one color? There's a little, black, plastic lever toward the back, bottom, right side of the cartridge holder. That little lever get's pushed by a tab that sticks out of the cartridge when it's empty. They are flimsy and break easily if the cartridge is slightly skewed. When they break, they usually flag as empty too soon but in some cases they will just stop flagging altogether. It would be rare that it happened on all of the colors at the same time though.
It happens on various cartridges not just one color.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It happens on various cartridges not just one color.
That's an odd one then. It is far more common for the opposite problem to happen where the cartridges flag empty when they aren't. Did you actually shake the cartridge to see if it was empty? Sometimes the symptoms of cartridges being empty and not flagging is actually bad dampers. I can't think of anything that would cause multiple cartridges to not flag unless it's a bad lot of cartridges, or the machine is malfunctioning electronically somehow.

Last edited:

thmooch

That's an odd one then. It is far more common for the opposite problem to happen where the cartridges flag empty when they aren't. Did you actually shake the cartridge to see if it was empty? Sometimes the symptoms of cartridges being empty and not flagging is actually bad dampers. I can't think of anything that would cause multiple cartridges to not flag unless it's a bad lot of cartridges, or the machine is malfunctioning electronically somehow.
Yes, all have been empty. Seems that since the redesign of the cartridges this started happening. Not sure if trying another brand of ink would remedy the issue.

Stefan

Same issue with our old 1204

thmooch

Same issue with our old 1204

Have you tried another brand of ink? Or any solution to this issue?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Have you tried another brand of ink? Or any solution to this issue?
A lot of my customers have switched to Bordeaux brand inks. I had another customer simply upgrade to the 1000mL bags and that seemed to fix her issue as well.

signsofparadise

Recently I have been having an issue where the ink cartridges run out the printer will continue to print and not give a warning anymore that the cartridge is empty. It used to start beeping when getting low and then stop if completely empty. OEM 220 ink cartridges from Fellers. Is there something I can reset or clean to get it back to reading ink levels correctly? Machine is 3 years old.
Same problem here - had a Cyan last month and a Magenta today for empty with no warning. 1341 SR Pro - Machine is only (6) moths old. Running on new Vertlithe software. Is the "warning" beeper turned off on these things. 1204 and 1324 used to beep when low - then stop when empty. This thing ran until they were dry...