• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1324x not give a warning anymore that the cartridge is empty.

NazGraphics1

hello all
ink cartridges run out the printer will continue to print and not give a warning anymore that the cartridge is empty. on all colors OEM 220 black color case ink cartridges
search for a fix no luck yet
thanks

poligrafika

A lot of people ask for solution to do this on their Mutoh,also me.
Mutoh to stop seeing cartiridges so we can use CISS system for Ink.
So now buy CISS and put ink and stop buying expensive original cartridges from Mutoh.

damonCA21

Does it do it on all cartridges? Normally it is the empty sensor switch that has failed which does happen with age. The cartridge docks are very similar to those used on Roland printers as they use the same design cartridges and the switches look the same, so you should be able to swap the switch over to fix it.

If it is all the cartridges then it is a problem with the board rather than the dock switch

NazGraphics1

A lot of people ask for solution to do this on their Mutoh,also me.
Mutoh to stop seeing cartiridges so we can use CISS system for Ink.
So now buy CISS and put ink and stop buying expensive original cartridges from Mutoh.
thanks for the suggestion i did use aftermarket ink on my other printer and it messed up the head ink is more sticky and thick its a firmware problem need to find it and update it

NazGraphics1

Does it do it on all cartridges? Normally it is the empty sensor switch that has failed which does happen with age. The cartridge docks are very similar to those used on Roland printers as they use the same design cartridges and the switches look the same, so you should be able to swap the switch over to fix it.

If it is all the cartridges then it is a problem with the board rather than the dock switch
hello its on all inks i believe it started when the switched from white cartridge case to black case i will need to find and update the firmware thanks

damonCA21

Have the black cartridges actually got an empty indicator on them? Some of them don't. It should have a plastic tab that come out of the side when the cart is empty, this presses against the switch and tells the printer the ink is empty.

NazGraphics1

Have the black cartridges actually got an empty indicator on them? Some of them don't. It should have a plastic tab that come out of the side when the cart is empty, this presses against the switch and tells the printer the ink is empty.
no its enclosed not visible / bad part is on a big job when one of the inks runs out it keeps printing blank and ruins the print job only choice i see is installing new cartridges on a big job and keep checking the ink till the fix

damonCA21

OK if they don't have an empty indicator on them then changing the firmware won't make any difference. The printer can't tell when the cart is empty. When you put a new cart in, the printer states this as being full. It then guesses how much ink is left based on what has been printed, but this isn't very accurate. When the tab activates the switch, that is when it will tell you it is empty ( even though it may still have quite a bit of ink left in it ).

I would either change to carts that do have the tab on them, or change over to a bulk ink system where you can see from the main ink tank if it needs refilling