• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question 1440x1440 Profiles s40600

Kelcy Deeds

Hey guys, So i have the S40600 and its been amazing, i get accurate colors everytime and use the ij35c profile for 90% of my jobs and ive been really happy with it, but my question is, is there any profiles out there with a 1440x1440 profile for SAV? The only one ive found has been a arlon profile on 16pass but the colors really arent that accurate. they get pretty good if i turn the ink limits down but im wondering if there is a way to edit the same 3M profile to have it print 1440x1440. I have this one lady who has super tiny labels with really fine text and id like to get the to the highest quality if possible. ive been using onyx 12 and i dont have any spectrophotometer for doing custom profiles. Is there a way to make profiles without it? Thanks for the help. Ive been printing for a long time but havent gotten into custom profiles at all yet so excuse the noobish questions

CanuckSigns

we regularily print labels with text as small as 5 pt and just use the standard IJ35 8 pass high quality setting and they turn out very clear. I assume the reason the arlon profile is off is because it's laying down too much ink and causing a colour shift.

Kelcy Deeds

Yes, they are very good at 8 pass, i just wanted to be able to take advantage of the 1440x1440 and get it a bit clearer. wish there was a way to edit the 3m profile to print at 1440

Tatonka

Yes, they are very good at 8 pass, i just wanted to be able to take advantage of the 1440x1440 and get it a bit clearer. wish there was a way to edit the 3m profile to print at 1440

you and me both. I've got an S80600 that I'd prefer to always print at 1440x1440, overkill or not. I know our customers, and if they can see any evidence it was printed they'll throw a fit! Thankfully, it's been an amazing machine so far, and blows our old Rolands out of the water.

Bly

If you're printing, a spectro is one of your most basic tools.

Cue "don't need no stinkin fancy color managment" rant from Bob...