• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help 1604 Mutoh won't print...new head and motherboard

Norman Shepard

replaced head and motherboard for error85 code and found out it was cr board...replaced that and now it willl go thru the motions but will not put out ink...have changed the fuse on motherboard.
does not have any error codes...acts fine other than no ink....does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong with it?
Thanks

Norman Shepard

the place I got the board from said it was the one replaceable one behind the heatsink....so I replaced it and still not printing....the place I bought the parts from have no clue in there 14 years of experience.... so I'm here trying to find someone else who knows these machine better....there are only 2 more replaceable fuses on my board....I don't know why it would have blown all these fuses but I just need it fixed....spent way too much trying to fix it and for it to still be broken.....would replacing the other fuses make a difference?

Racegrafix

check every fuse. If its bad, replace.

replace lines going to capping station, a tiny air leak will replicate that issue.

humberto s

I have same problem in a valuejet mutoh 1614 : no print/ink at all . It was a fuse in motherboardwhit this Referencie: MF5040 fuse 1260FA 750ua For valuejet 1614 . hope it helps

netsol

Premium Subscriber
spend the $12.99 and buy the service manual. just google it
make sure all the voltages are present & check for the approx 41v on the large transistors woth heat sonks.
CAREFULLY, if you have never done this before, find someone with some experience.

unmateria

First check printhead cables (CAREFULLY reseat them) or you will blow the fuses again. Check all fuses with a multimeter and replace all bad (infinite or high resistance/ohms instead of 0 resistance or really near 0 ohms). Try to print. If it prints nothing, check the fuses again. If they are ok, usually you just need to replace the transistors that were blowed. If fuses are bad, replace cables and begin again. If it happens again, sorry, you need a new printhead.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
keep in mind that there might not be 41v (or whatever) reaching the fuses
this is why a voltage check makes sense
if he hadn't purchased a "rebuilt" motherboard a resistance check would be fine

there are of course lots of other types of failure (too numerous to count) that will keep the machine from printing.

CERTAINLY a damaged ribbon cable is the most likely, though & you can't stress CAREFULLY reinserting those cables enough

can we ask who you purchased the board from? a reputable repair facility or someone on ebay.
(don't take that the wrong way, i send boards to quite a few ebay resellers)
my concern is not everyone doing these repairs has the ability to "bench test" a repaired board