• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1624 print head

laserman70

Think after 3 years our print head may be gone..
Thought about a head soak, but not sure how..

Where is the best place to get a printhead?

Thanks for any help..

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
How old is the maintenance station? If it hasn't been replaced yet I would start there. Most print head problems start out with a faulty maintenance station.

laserman70

What had happened.
Our air went down in the office..
Left the printer printing, the vinyl from the moisture had rolls in it.. Head strikes happened, didnt notice it for 20 minutes.
We have not changed the maintenance station either..

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Do you see physical damage to the bottom of the print head? If you do a strong cleaning do you see ink going down into the waste tank? Not all head strikes destroy the print heads, a lot of the time it causes a loss of nozzles and without a working maintenance station the printer can't recover them.

There are two easy ways to tell if the maintenance station is causing issues.
  1. no ink goes into the waste tank during cleanings (make sure print head is in the low head height during the cleaning cycle and always test using a Strong or Long clean)
  2. you are having ink cartridges saying ink low or ink end when there is still plenty of ink in them.

If either of these two things are happening I would recommend changing the maintenance station before the print head. The head itself may still be damaged from the head strikes and may still need to be replaced but at least you will have a healthy maintenance station to protect the new head.

We sell and service these machines so if you need any parts, help installing parts or want a technician to come on site to do it let me know.

laserman70

I appreciate the help.
We do have issues with low ink when cartridge has ink in it..

I have attached a nozzle check.. the only part that is not good is the far left one (the last one).
the rest dont look bad.

I may have to get a mt. station from you..

Attachments

• nozzletest.jpg
    nozzletest.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 92

laserman70

Fixed it..

The tubes were disconnected from the mt. station..
Thanks Chris for the help..

Yikes, dam elfs must have gotten in and pulled them grrrr