• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2 DTG Machines...what should I do

morty87

So i have been buying storage lockers as a hobby for past year or 2 and I recently came across a locker with 2 DTG machines in them. A brothers GT381 and a epson SC F2000. Both are apart and pretty much positive print heads are missing on them both (GT 381) not 100% positive yet, regardless I'm not sure if it would be worth to fix 1 an sell the others to buy parts for the machine I fix...or just look to piece them out? Biggest issue for me on piecing them out though would be i don't want to sell a part to someone if I'm not positive it is ok. Obviously platens, pre treatment and other parts no issue...but electrical and such....I wouldn't feel right if it was not working. They even worth fixing, or parting out? Any advice would be appreciated. I had a mutoh 1624 and a couple other sub printers...but the DTG was always outside my budget. If anyone in Vancouver BC interested to look at them or ideas on someone i could call to look at them without killing me on cost to do so, pls DM.

ikarasu

How's the storage locker business out here? Didn't even know we had one. Anything good or is it 99% junk?

If they're taken apart they were taken apart for a reason. A new head is 2-4k and I've seen the machines sell used for less than that (able auctions has the Epson last year and it sold for 3k, and it was in working order)

Something like that the owner knows what it's worth. If he had an item worth a few k in his locker he probably would have pulled it out before letting his payment lapse.

morty87

How's the storage locker business out here? Didn't even know we had one. Anything good or is it 99% junk?

If they're taken apart they were taken apart for a reason. A new head is 2-4k and I've seen the machines sell used for less than that (able auctions has the Epson last year and it sold for 3k, and it was in working order)

Something like that the owner knows what it's worth. If he had an item worth a few k in his locker he probably would have pulled it out before letting his payment lapse.
Haha ya i do pretty good with the lockers but i have also been doing it long enough to know what to bid without working for free. :), although with covid everyone an their pet dog has driven the prices way, way up. Ya, the GT381 has alot of new parts in the box so i guess maybe will just ebay them. The f2000 is likely the one from able as the GT 381 was also bought from there. The epson sc f2000 has been stripped down, an definitely parts missing including the head, just not sure what else. The f2000 seems to hold their price fairly good and from what i have been reading is a fairly simple system to put together )simple for others...not me).... i just put up fairly cheap on craigslist and will see what happens. I will post the parts, platens and pre treatment an see how it goes...IF it goes lol. cheers